KBS is seeking Project Engineers to assist Project Managers in planning, directing and coordinating technical activities of construction projects to ensure that goals and key deadlines of projects are accomplished. Candidates must have five years of experience with a general contractor in a project engineering or field superintendent capacity or a four-year degree in construction management; architecture; engineering, etc. or the equivalent combination of education and experience to meet job requirements.
- Assist with pre-construction phase: plan outline, bid packages, etc.
- Analyze project’s critical activities and milestone dates, anticipating problems/issues that may arise. Provide necessary support to resolve them.
- Develop submittal log. Solicits, logs and checks submittals, inclusive of cross-referencing all contract documents to assure product conformance and proper coordination among the trades.
- Maintains an updated Record Set of Contract documents in the main office, including all specifications, drawings, addenda and as-built information.
- Develop warranty/O & M manual listing. Solicits and logs warranty/O & M manuals and all necessary close-out documents.
- Draft, input and update project schedule with Project Superintendent and Project Manager input. Communicate effectively to all related parties.
- Assist Superintendent in the management of on-site safety programs.
- Generate and ensure proper logging of RFIs applicable to duties.
- Verifies validity of Superintendent/Subcontractor RFIs prior to issuing to architect.
- Reviews and verifies job cost status reports and inputs applicable information.
- Documents verbal agreements/conversations with subcontractors, owners, architects, etc.
- Assists Project Manager in Purchasing, Invoice Approval, Quotes from subcontractors and suppliers, Change Orders, Engineering and Quality Control and the on-site Safety Program.
- Reviews subcontractor pay request; verifies accuracy of lien releases and certified payrolls submitted.
Minimum: 5 years’ experience with a general contractor in project engineering capacity or field superintendent level or a four-year degree in construction management; architecture; engineering, etc. or the equivalent combination of education and experience to meet job requirements.
- Employment Type:
- Job Type:
- Date Posted: