KBS is seeking seasoned construction superintendents for commercial, multi-residential projects ranging in size from $2–30 million. This position will offer excellent compensation, relocation if necessary, bonus opportunity, company truck or vehicle allowance and full benefits. Candidates should have a minimum five years commercial construction management with a general contractor in field assistant superintendent capacity or four-year degree in construction mgmt; architecture, engineering, etc or any equivalent combination of education and experience to meet job requirements.
- Coordinate with the Owner and design team to assure conformance to contract requirements.
- Review, understand, and comply with contract requirements relating to issues such as inspection procedures, claims notification, shutdown notifications, etc.
- Effectively schedule and coordinate on-site work operations.
- Create and maintain 3-Week Look Ahead: cross-reference with the Master CPM Schedule to assure job progress is maintained.
- Supervise Asst. Superintendent and/or craft activities determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, etc.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work scheduling, etc.) as required.
- Manage the on-site safety program. Understand and implement all safety requirements, regulations, and laws that pertain to the project.
- Maintain an updated Record Set of Contract Documents at the job site, including all as-built information, and up-to-date field changes or change order modifications to the project.
- Review approved submittals and cross-reference between trades to ensure the work conforms to contract requirements.
Minimum five years commercial construction management with a general contractor in field assistant supt. capacity or four-year degree in construction mgmt; architecture, engineering, etc or any equivalent combination of education and experience to meet job requirements. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of commercial and/or multi-family construction (technology, equipment, methods); engineering, cost control, schedules and safety required. Excellent organizational, planning and leadership skills essential. Ability to handle stress and interact with others. Computer mastery of Windows based applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Timberline job costing and PJ module and various scheduling packages. Must have valid drivers license; good driving record.
- Employment Type:
Richmond and Virginia Beach, VA
- Job Type:
- Date Posted: