The historic renovation and adaptive reuse of Chimborazo School, a 1905 educational building, to create 50 apartments ranging from 465–1,155 square feet in the Church Hill district.
The project includes a mix of efficiency, one-, and two-bedroom units with the garden-level units featuring walk-out patios. The units have upscale finishes with wood floors and pressed-tin ceilings. Amenities include dog washing/grooming facilities, bicycle storage/work area, off street parking, large windows and a fitness center.
Named for the nearby Chimborazo Park, Chimborazo School opened in September 1905, with grades one through seven in eight classrooms. It was considered to be handsome and well-arranged, embodying the most advanced ideas of the day. In 1911, an annex was opened to accommodate the growing population. The school was closed in 1968 and was converted to elderly housing 18 years ago.